Thursday, September 3, 2015

Internship Diaries #14



Jiviteshpreet Singh Bawa
Trident Group

Trident Group is a USD 1 Billion Indian Business Conglomerate headquartered in Ludhiana (Punjab). The group operates in five major business segments: Yarn, Terry Towels, Paper, Chemical and Captive Power. Incorporated in 1990, the company continues to grow under the dynamic leadership of Chairman Mr. Rajinder Gupta: a first generation entrepreneur.

Internship experience at Trident was really exceptional. I got the opportunity to work with different people having experience in Sales, Marketing and Analytics. I was one of the 3 Research Interns that Trident hired from PAN India through their web portal. My Internship project was to identify strategies to increase market share of Trident Copier paper in Delhi NCR region. Working on Copier paper project gave me exposure to FMCG sector & Channel Sales via Distributor Retailer network. It was a great learning curve for me interning at Trident Group.

Internship Project learning's:
  •  Market sizing strategies & Sales data analysis to identify market share of Trident Copier Paper. 
  • Sales Trend analysis to evaluate Market Potential of different locations & dealers of Delhi NCR.  Product Portfolio analysis, Competitor pricing & Packaging strategies. 
  • Need-based & Behavioral Segmentation, Porter 5 Forces to evaluate segment attractiveness.
  • Product & Brand positioning based on Consumer & Dealer research.
I am glad that I got to work on Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) system. TPM is a system of maintaining and improving the integrity of production and quality systems through processes that add value to the organization. I was involved in Quality competitive analysis vis-à-vis R&D parameters. Detailed analysis on TPM process for identifying bottlenecks in increasing market share of Trident Copier included the following:
  •  Fish Bone diagram analysis
  •  Why Why analysis
  •  Pareto analysis (80/20 rule)
Such in depth analysis helped me find insights about Copier paper market. Detailed analysis helped me define strategies for Sales, Distribution, Marketing, Branding and Packaging. I worked on Ansoff matrix to define strategies for Market Penetration, Product Development, Market Development and Diversification.
My project of identifying strategy to increase market share was appreciated by CMO – Mr. Naveet Jindal & my mentor Mr. Srikanth Markonda. They were pleased with the research and analysis done by me on the given subject. The strategies for increasing market share was categorized into the following:
  • Share of Preference
  • Share of Voice
  • Share of Distribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment