Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Internship Diaries #45


Varun Yadav

Cashkaro


E-commerce was an enticing word for me since the very beginning because the way it disrupted conventional market of buying and selling is revolutionary. After having an experience of 30 months in TCS, I wanted to work in some startup, having business in the same domain. Luckily I got this opportunity through cashkaro.com which is a India's No.1 Cashback and Coupons website. Cashkaro helps their members save on their regular online purchases at leading Indian and International Brands. Cashback and Coupon partners include your favourite brands like Myntra, Amazon, Snapdeal, Flipkart, Jabong and 500 more. I worked in cashkaro as an Intern for two months. Where I got to know the key challenges that a company faces in its early phase of life and various other aspects like how analytics, public relations and customer support are helping companies to develop an ecosystem for themselves.
I was working in Analytics department of cashkaro. My key responsibilities were
  •  Automation of reports using R environment and language
  •  Developing price comparison strategy for different categories of e-commerce
  •  Generating and analysing Insights using Google Analytics

As I had an inclination towards analytics and big data. So I learned R during my MBA first year, as it was needed to do market research and other related analysis in different academic projects. I used R to automate the weekly and monthly reports. I was also actively involved in generating and analysing insights using google analytics tool. Which gave me quite good knowledge of e-commerce industry and how customer behaviour and their buying patterns vary with offers and discounts. Price comparison was another key area in which I was working. In price comparison, you can compare price of product across different websites and it gives you the best deal along with other available options. Which is quite unique feature and incorporates different-2 algorithms to compare products and give you the best deal.


My experience in cashkaro was really good, work culture is conducive for new ideas, innovative solutions. Being a startup it focuses on healthy work environment among employees and inculcating teamwork spirit. So I must say cashkaro helped me to understand e-commerce sector and various tools, technologies and latest developments. People say there is nothing like free lunch and the best part is you get free lunch in cashkaro.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment